Prepare for your moving day with this handy checklist. It will help keep you organized and minimize stress
leading up to the big day. Should you have any questions please call one of our moving advisors and we
will help however possible.
An Itemized Moving To-Do List:
BOOK YOUR MOVE
- Say Aloha to us as your San Diego moving professionals.
- Schedule your move as soon as you know the date.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
- Begin to liquidate items in the attic, garage, and any storage closets.
- Consider donating unwanted items to charity.
- Think about hosting a garage sale.
- Orchestrate school records transfers for your children.
- Go to your local post office and get change of address cards.
- Update your insurance companies, charge accounts, magazines and clubs.
- Consolidate any appliance owner’s manuals for appliances in your new home.
TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE MOVE
- Create a “safe area” with things that you may need during the transition.
- If you’re packing yourself, place a label on the top and side for easy recognition.
- Write destinations on boxes so they make it to the proper room at your new place.
- Call electric, telephone, water, and gas companies to arrange disconnections.
- Still have a landline? Disconnect your phone the day after the move.
- Make refund arrangements, if due, and set up re-connects at your new home.
- Perform cable tv, pest control, and newspaper cancellations.
- Cancel any pool and lawn maintenance, or any other services you may have.
WEEK OF THE MOVE
- Send in change of address forms or submit them online.
- Start to organize all boxes in stacks for easy access, with heaviest on the bottom.
- Organize cleaning plan or cleaning services to come in a day or two after to move.
- Clean your fireplace and stove.
DAY BEFORE THE MOVE
- Empty, clean, defrost, and dry the refrigerator.
- Have cash available for any moving expenses, or gratuities you may want to give.
- Say Aloha to your friends and neighbors!